Steam Accumulator Module SAM
The module provides additional steam in peak loads.
- For covering short-term peak loads
- Compensates for brief power peaks
- Reduces water entrainment and counteracts its negative effects
- Reduces switching frequency of steam generator
- Reduces energy consumption and wear
This module is used for storing a defined quantity of energy which becomes available as expansion steam during pressure reduction. It is used for accommodating peak loads, e.g. if the capacity of a steam generator is exceeded briefly. The greater the water content of the accumulator, the greater the re-evaporation heat.
The steam accumulator consists of a horizontal cylindrical container with a built-in steam nozzle pipe.
The module is thermally insulated and supplied with equipment pre-fitted, ready for operation. The module is fitted with a venting, drain shut-off, filling shut-off, steam inlet and outlet valve, an overflow and overpressure valve, a direct temperature indicator and a water level display.